Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Companion...Brazilian, of Course!

Dear  Family,                                                                                                                                                              Well, you guys have been to one more mission conference than I have (we don't really get invited to things down here) but, that's cool.  I'm sure I'll see stuff like that when I get to Fortaleza.     Super cool story about Carly.  I'm sad I couldn't be there to see it all happen.
     Well, this week Elder Padula and Elder R. Santos returned up north to Fortaleza (the mysterious land of my mission that I have yet to set foot in) and my new companion will be Elder Porcina, another Sao Paulino.  All of my companions have been from Sao Paulo so far.  I've heard really good things about him so hopefully this transfer will be good.  I'm still in Trindade, and that's slightly sad for me but it should pass quickly and then I'll get to go be a missionary in the city, wooo!
     It was super hot this week, but that's kinda normal.  I made a lasagne at Tica's house and that was fun.
     Work here is really slow but I'm still running on the goodness of Lucileide, our last baptism.  She's awesome and I know she'll do well.
     Well, sorry about the dull email but that's about it.  I'm sure I'll have more to tell about my new companion when I meet him tomorrow in Juaziero.

Tchao, um abraco
Elder Swinney

No comments:

Post a Comment